MEET GILLIANCounsellor & Mediator
I love assisting people to enhance their lives and relationships, resolve conflicts and reach solutions that work. I believe that we all have the capacity for personal growth and change.
My approach focuses on empathetic listening, solutions, and moving issues and relationships forward. I have a proven track record in assisting people to collaborate and to effect positive change in their lives and relationships. I value your privacy and all aspects of the sessions are confidential.
Gillian`s formal education includes a Master of Counselling Psychology, a Master of Arts, Community and Regional Planning, and a Bachelor of Arts, Economics.
Gillian is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. She is also a certified yoga instructor and is able to provide guidance on well-being through breath and mindfulness practices.
Gillian is a certified civil mediator and is a member of the BC Civil Roster. She worked as a Mediator in Small Claims Court and has been in private practice since 2005.
Gillian has conflict resolution training which includes the following:
- 2017 Child Support Guidelines, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2016 Effects of Separation and Divorce on Adults, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2013/14 Family Justice Services & Violence: Impact on Separation and Divorce, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2011/12 Mediators Beyond Borders – International Mediation Training – Plano Texas , USA
- 2010 Mediation Room – Online Dispute Resolution – Certificate, Online Mediation, London, UK
- online mediation training and certification (2010),
- BC Court Mediation Program certification (2005), and
- Conflict Analysis and Management certification (2003).
Gillian lives and works in the Comox Valley on Vancouver island, British Columbia. She raised her three (now adult) children here and is blessed with family and friends in the area. She loves being outside as much as possible doing activities such as hiking, gardening, biking, kayaking, and boating.