MEET GILLIANCounsellor & Mediator
I love assisting people to enhance their lives and relationships, resolve conflicts and reach solutions that work. I believe that we all have the capacity for personal growth and change.
My approach focuses on empathetic listening, solutions, and moving issues and relationships forward. I have a proven track record in assisting people to collaborate and to effect positive change in their lives and relationships. I value your privacy and all aspects of the sessions are confidential.
Gillian`s formal education includes a Master of Counselling Psychology, a Master of Arts, Community and Regional Planning, and a Bachelor of Arts, Economics.
Gillian is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. She is also a certified yoga instructor and is able to provide guidance on well-being through breath and mindfulness practices.
Gillian is a certified civil mediator and
is a member of the BC Civil Roster. She worked as a Mediator in Small Claims Court for over 10 years and has been in private practice since 2005. She is also a qualified family dispute resolution professional under the Family Law Act in B.C. She is a member of Family Mediation Canada.
Gillian has conflict resolution training which includes the following:
- 2017 Child Support Guidelines, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2016 Effects of Separation and Divorce on Adults, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2013/14 Family Justice Services & Violence: Impact on Separation and Divorce, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2011/12 Mediators Beyond Borders – International Mediation Training – Plano
- 2010 Mediation Room – Online Dispute Resolution – Certificate, Online Mediation, London, UK
- 2005 BC Court Mediation Program certification, and
- 2003 Conflict Analysis and Management certification.
Gillian lives and works in the Comox Valley on Vancouver